By Amy M.
I'm one of the (lucky?) few who actually like being pregnant. So as I work my way through my third trimester, here it is -- my list of the top 10 reasons I don't mind looking like I have a basketball in my belly (the "final product" is a given).
10. I HAVE to shop for new clothes. I was pregnant with my son during the summer, so I don't have any weather-appropriate maternity wear.
9. I HAVE to shop for baby clothes, because I'm having a girl this time.
8. I have an excuse for not sucking in my stomach or tucking in my shirt.
7. Fuller, longer hair on my head, but shorter, thinner hair on my legs.
6. I can use pregnancy hormones as an excuse for my irreverent comments, general grumpiness, circles under the eyes, etc.
5. I must eat 300 extra calories a day for the health of the baby. As someone who usually counts calories, it feels like I won the jackpot!
4. I always get to choose where we go out to eat, because no one wants to upset the stomach (or delicate hormonal balance) of a pregnant woman.
3. I finally have an excuse for falling asleep at 8 p.m. every night (unfortunately, that often happens when I'm not pregnant).
2. People tend to be nicer when they notice you are pregnant. I definitely do not like people to fawn over me, but it's nice to know they care.
And the number 1 reason I like being pregnant...
1. Going from an A-cup to an almost-C. Nice to meet you, Cleavage!
Amy M. lives in Pennsylvania with her son and her husband. She works full time as a writer/editor for a large university.